Site: William Lawson Park, 85 Myrtle Street, Prospect, NSW 2148
Client: Blacktown City Council
Age Range: from 2 years old
Opened: August 2020
William Lawson Park’s new playspace, located on Myrtle Street in Prospect, features a wide variety of Proludic play equipment to engage both younger and older children into active play.
Blacktown City Mayor, Tony Bleasdale said “This exciting, purpose-built playground at William Lawson Park is just one example of Council’s commitment to providing the best possible recreation facilities for our residents”. “Ensuring local children can have access to first-class, safe play equipment is key to encouraging healthy lifestyles.”
The playground includes two Multiplay units with a range of climbing, sliding and balancing elements:
- Adventure Multiplay (J38552): provides motor skills development and imaginative play to children from 3 years old.
- Ixo Senior Multiplay (J2535-M) climbing unit: includes opportunities for climbing, sliding and creative play for older children from 6 years.
The playground includes additional play equipment which provides sensory and motor stimulation:
- All for One® Rope Swing (J442-M): provides children with the fun of swinging together in either a standing or sitting position. The Swing is great for balance, coordination and cooperative play as children swing higher and faster by working together in the same motion!
- Swing set (J497) with toddler and standard flat seats ;
- Double Inclusive Whirlwind (J2404): enables access by children in wheelchairs thanks to its low platform and transfer system ;
- Seahorse Springer (J854): a fun dynamic play experience for young children.
The $122,000 William Lawson Park’s refurbishment was funded through Blacktown City Council’s Work Improvement Program for 2019/20.
Watch a video of the William Lawson Park playground: