Site: Covent Park, 10 Busch Parkway, Pearsall, Wanneroo, Western Australia
Client: City of Wanneroo
Age Range: from 1 year old – all abilities
Opened: November 2019
The Adventure themed playspace at Covent Park formed part of the City of Wanneroo’s shade and surfacing renewal program for 2019/20. This space caters for all ages and abilities. Equipment was strategically chosen to cater for children in the early years through to youth.
- The Diabolo Adventure Multiplay (J38503) includes a variety of manipulative play features that challenge and stimulate the senses of children aged 2 to 8. The Adventure themed play equipment also fires up their imagination as they can dream of being adventurers in search of a secret temple encountering wild animals along the way.
The inclusion of the little Elf Playhouse, toddler seat on the Swing set (J473) and Duo Springer ensures that age appropriate play opportunities are available for the under 4 year olds.
- The youngest children have their own special place to play in the Elf Playhouse (J223), ergonomically designed to meet their specific developmental needs. The play-house, play panels and crawl tunnel provide a fun setting conducive to story-telling, social interaction and role play.
- The Duo Springer (J827) enhances children’s sense of balance and coordination and gives them great fun as they enjoy swaying together.
- The Inclusive Pod Swing (J441) and Cableway (J514) provide dynamic play experiences that are favourites with all ages (including adults).
- Sensory and musical play is encouraged through the use of sand as a tactile play medium and the Rainbow Harp panel (R34-FIECOCH) .
The design of this playspace ensures that children and adults using mobility aids can access a range of play elements via unitary surfacing, thus fostering an inclusive play environment where children of all ages and abilities can play together in a common space. Covent Park, a new adventure waiting to be explored!