Site: Thomas Kelly Reserve, Lalor Park, NSW 2147
Client: Blacktown City Council
Age Range: from 2 years old
Opened: June 2018
Thomas Kelly Reserve Playground was upgraded and expanded in 2018 as part of Blacktown Council’s improvement project which targeted six older parks and playgrounds. The design and play equipment chosen was decided based on residents’ feedback.
Proludic adopted a nature and fruit-themed design that incorporates play equipment for children of varying ages and abilities to play, learn and have fun. The playground also fosters role play and imaginative play:
- Diabolo Adventure Multiplay (J38504): this unit features many play elements that challenge children from 2 years old, stimulate their senses and imagination;
- Custom Watermelon Group Springer: an inclusive item ideal for group play;
- Interactive, educational and sensory play with a fruit-themed Play Panel; Rainbow Harp (R34-FIECOCH) and Talk Tubes (J3410). These play elements are easily accessible from the integrated footpath that circles around the playspace;
- Inclusive Pod Swing with fruit graphics (custom J441): enables children of different ages and abilities the joy of swinging together, flying through the air!
- Speed Gyro (J2400): younger children enjoy the exhilaration of speed and rotating movements;
- The Origin’ Balancing Beam (J4903) and Log Steppers (J4904) form a nature-play trail that help children develop their motor skills, coordination and concentration!